Admission to Graduate Programs of China Agricultural University-2013
China Agricultural University now offers 171 Master and 95 Doctoral programs to international students £¨see appendix for catalog of graduate programs£©. Master¡¯s programs are completed in 2 years, and Doctoral programs 4 years. Certificates of degrees and graduation will be awarded to those who have completed the entire course work and passing thesis/dissertation defense.
2. Qualification of Applicants
(1) Applicants for Master\'s programs should have a Bachelor\'s degree or equivalent academic background.
(2) Applicants for Doctoral programs should have a Master\'s degree or equivalent academic background.
(3) Language skills requirements:
(a) For programs taught in Chinese: Applicants should pass Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) band 3 or new HSK band 4.
(b) For Graduate Programs in English: See the requirements of the program.
3. Materials for Application (in duplicate)
(1) The completed APPLICATION FORM FOR FOREIGNER WISHING TO STUDY AT CAU, signed by the applicant;
(2) The original or the notarized photocopies of degree certificate or proof of education in academic institution, and academic transcript, original and duplicated;
(3) HSK certificate and scores report or the notarized photocopy (unless a waiver is approved or Master\'s Programs offered in English);
(4) Two academic recommendation letters from scholars of associate professorship or higher £¨must show referee¡¯s phone number and email address on the letter£©;
(5) A study or research plan written in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words)
(6) A photocopy of the passport and tree recent ID photos (white background, 35mm¡Á45mm in size) and email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org;
(7) Copy of the page with personal information the passport (ordinary passport);
(8) Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable)
(9)Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (available at http://www.csc.edu.cn/uploads/forms/foreinphy.pdf) (provided by Chinese quarantine authority. Applicants are expected to keep the original copies to apply entry to China) filled in English or Chinese. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
The certificates provided should be the original documents in Chinese or in English, otherwise notarized translations in Chinese or English are required. None of the above materials will be returned.
4. Application Procedure
The applicants shall submit the signed hardcopy of The Application Form (http://oir.cau.edu.cn or http://study-at-cau.org), together with other application materials to Office of International Relations, China Agricultural University, by post mail or in person.
For applicants of Master¡¯s programs offered in English, the hardcopies of application materials should be submitted to the relevant departments/schools.
5. Application Deadline
The deadline for the application materials arrival at OIR is April 30 each year. The university will process application after the deadline.
6. Review and Examination
The admission committee will review the application materials and select applicants for further examinations or interviews which are requested by some department/schools. The applicants will be informed two weeks before the examinations or interviews. Students, with excellent performance both in conduct and study who have finished one level of study in China and continue to pursue a higher level degree study in China, can be enrolled by CAU without enrollment examinations.
7. Inquiry and Admission Notice
The applicants will be admitted after they pass the examinations or interviews. Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202 Form), and Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners will be issued in early July each year. Prior to this, the applicants may check for admission status via on the website of Office of International Relations, CAU.
8. Visa Application and Admission Registration
The admitted applicants should bring their Passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW202 or JW201), and Original copy of Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners as well as other original documents of physical examination to the Embassy or Consulate of the People\'s Republic of China, and apply for a student visa (X visa). In autumn every year, the students shall come to Office of International University, China Agricultural University for admission registration before the deadline indicated on the Admission Notice. The X visa holders must apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days after arrival in China.
9. Cost (in RMB Yuan)
Application Fee (Non-refundable): 400/year
Tuition Fee (Per Year)
Master\'s Programs: 26,000
Doctoral Programs: 30,000
Chinese Government Special Scholarship¡ª¡ªChina Agricultural University Graduate Program
Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS)
For the detail information, please visit the website£ºhttp://study-at-cau.org/en/scholorship.php
11. Contact Information
Office of International Relations, China Agricultural University
Address: No.17 Qing Hua Dong Lu, Haidian District, Beijing 100083 P.R. China
Tel: 0086-010-6273 6704
Fax: 0086-010-6273 7704
E-mail: admissions@ study-at-cau.org email@example.com
Website: http://oir.cau.edu.cn/view_en http://study-at-cau.org http://studyatcau.org